A new much larger storage building away from the lake was built.  A second pontoon boat was added to the fleet. The campground saw the addition of full utilities and a change to seasonal camping.  A new large playground was erected.  Electricity was added to the main dock and a major expansion of the main…

Read More

Helia passed away at the wonderful age of 92, her home was then remodeled and became our largest rental “Split Rock”.  Remodeling of the cabins continued, deluxe fishing boats were added and a half-court basketball area. The boathouse was torn down; in its place, a campsite on the beach was added.

Read More

Gary married Lori, whose family were guests of Cabin O’Pines.  The now old Lone Star boats were showing their age and were replaced by a new fleet of Lunds.  The fish house was moved away from the beach.  Several old farm buildings were torn down, the grounds cleaned up and everything was painted. New arrivals…

Read More

Mike and Helia’s grandson, Gary Coyer purchased Cabin O’Pines.  Repairs, updating and building of a new 8’ x 48’ floating main dock were accomplished with a lot of help from his parents, Gene and Delores.

Read More

LeRoy replaced the old homestead cabin/home/store with a new split level home/lodge.

Read More

Mike passed away leaving Helia to run the resort by herself.  Her son LeRoy and family purchased Cabin O’ Pines and moved back from California to continue the resort’s operation.

Read More

The wooden boats were very high maintenance so new Lone Star aluminum boats replaced them, in addition, new rental motors, 3, 5 and 7.5 hp,

Read More

A boat house was built to store the boats in winter.  In summer it was used for square dancing.  A cabin was built west of the boat house along Pelican Lake becoming Cabin #10 (Trails End).  In 1949 the Rural Electric Coop Association came through with power for all, no more generators.

Read More